MoonShine Festival In Dawsonville Georgia

Chevy High Performance
Item Posts    Sort Order

MoonShine Festival In Dawsonville Georgia

76Skylark 76Skylark
Guru | Posts: 854 | Joined: 12/11
Posted: 10/21/13
11:48 AM

The Annual Return to the Days Of Thunder Mountain Style is this Weekend In Dawsonville Ga.  Great Old Haulers, Man And Machine, Come Out of the Hills to Celabrate the Glory Days of Illigal Whiskey and the Very Colorful Drivers that came out of the Depression Era Of Southern America. Even NASCAR allows that some Influance of the Time Is what gave Birth th Stock Car Racing.  Later Ya'll John  

Dave632 Dave632
Addict | Posts: 2225 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 10/23/13
05:38 PM

Yes stock car racing was born from the Moonshiners running away from the revenoors. Then they would get together on weekends and see who was the fastest and the best driver. This is where many of the early NASCAR drivers came from.  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]

tuffnuff tuffnuff
Moderator | Posts: 7828 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 10/25/13
02:12 PM

+1
Years ago I watched a movie "Thunder Road" and it was about the shine runners in the deep South.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

Dave632 Dave632
Addict | Posts: 2225 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 10/25/13
03:44 PM

Icon Quotetuffnuff:
+1
Years ago I watched a movie "Thunder Road" and it was about the shine runners in the deep South.

Smile

I actually saw that movie in a theater when I was a young boy. My father took me to see it. I remember Robert Mitchum as a young man played the part of the shine runner. Even then I liked the part about them hopping up the cars to outrun the revenoors. It was funny the same garage that was modifying the Govt. cars was hot rodding the shine runners. I still remember the line in the movie where the guy in the garage says, "yea but it ain't gonna outrun that one".  Wink  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]