Newbie Here --- Need Feedback on Engine Builder

Chevy High Performance
Item Posts    Sort Order

Newbie Here --- Need Feedback on Engine Builder

Wheel Stander Wheel Stander
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/13
Posted: 12/22/13
07:46 PM

Hello --- I am new to your forum and hoping to get some feedback on an outfit located in New Jersey that builds performance engines.  The company is Proformance Unlimited and operates out of Freehold, New Jersey.  If you have had any first-hand experience with this company or know someone who has used one of their engines, please provide some feedback whether it be positive or negative.  After being away from performance cars for many years, I plan to invest in a nice street machine come Spring 2014 and will need someone fairly close by to do an engine and transmission swap.  I am from Bel Air, Maryland and stumbled onto Proformance Unlimited's website.  Any feedback, suggestions and / or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  

Dave632 Dave632
Addict | Posts: 2220 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 12/23/13
03:43 PM

What you are doing is the right thing.
See if anyone has started a website relating to their quality of work.
I lived in Fla. and was around racing for a fairly long time. The
reputation of the builders gets around and there were some real bad
ones in Fla. Go to some tracks around Freehold, namely Englishtown, (I used
to live near there), and ask around. I am sure some of the racers will have some information concerning the builder you mention.
I learned how to build my own because all the good builders were very expensive and the bad ones you wanted to stay away from. I heard many horror stories about
engine builders and chassis builders for that matter. Many losers out there.  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]