turbo 350 manuel valve vody help

Chevy High Performance
Item Posts    Sort Order

turbo 350 manuel valve vody help

strokinsbc strokinsbc
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/13
Posted: 07/21/13
10:21 AM

Ok guys I need some help.  I have a turbo 350 witb manuel valve body I had built with less than 30 minutes of run time on it. Its a 3800 stall all I had done was crank the truck a couple times and 4 days ago I pulled it out for the first time drove it around my shop and brought it back in. Last night I was loading up to go race and all I had was reverse. I winched it on to the trailer and went on thinking I could fix it in between driver meeting and my first run. I just assumed low fluid since everything is new. But still only have reverse. I don't even have park. (If u put it in park u can still roll it) when u go into reverse u can feel rpm change and tell it takes a load but everything else is like neutral.  What's your thoughts or ideas. Thanks!!  

68scott385 68scott385
Guru | Posts: 1990 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 07/21/13
11:25 AM

Sounds like a manual linkage problem inside the case as park is a rod/pawl engagement when the manual linkage is moved to the one end of travel. The rest of the gear engagement is controlled by fluid flow and the positioning of the valves in the valve body.  
68scott385 68scott385 68scott385

strokinsbc1 strokinsbc1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/13
Posted: 07/28/13
10:16 AM

So your saying there is a relation between park and the forward gears?  

waynep712222 waynep712222
Enthusiast | Posts: 251 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 07/28/13
12:40 PM

nope... the NUT on the inside of the manual lever shaft has come loose.. or the clip that goes between the side of the case and the detent plate got left out.. so the detent plate and shift lever moved away from the manual valve and it fell out of engagement..

bet that if you grab the manual lever it will pull outward slightly..

drop the pan... do not drop the valve body..

either the nut on the shaft is loose.. or the spacer clip is gone..

this is a ford transmission image.. but you can see what would happen if the shifter detent plate would move left...

since you don't have park.. i am going to say that the nut came loose and the plate slipped off the flats on the shaft..

5R55spool