need advice on paint

Chevy High Performance
Item Posts    Sort Order

need advice on paint

1971belair 1971belair
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 03/17/13
09:30 PM

i figured most ppl have more experience here with their cars!!

i have a 1971 chevy bel air sedan im planning to get some paint and interior done ive seen many colors but i dont seem to like i pretty much saw all in summit racing!!!

what color should i go since its not a sport car!! something classic  

idrivejunk idrivejunk
Addict | Posts: 5117 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 03/18/13
04:42 AM

I like this kind of color on those ... a greenish shade of bright blue metallic is retro as hell in my opinion.  Cool

0 70Impala 4  
idrivejunk

1971belair 1971belair
02:34 PM

oh man that a nice color the chrome part look good with that color as well.... since my car its a 4 door i was thinking on doing like a 2 tone with some black  

idrivejunk idrivejunk
04:18 PM

Well the darker you go, the better the bodywork needs to be. Might look good with a black top, but I don't know that I would try any sporty stripes on a sedan. Two tone maybe, but I like stuff all one color. Those cars do look a little plain with no vinyl top but if you make your statement with the right wicked color, heads will turn and you won't need a fancy two-tone. Just don't pick something that visually clashes with the interior color.  
idrivejunk

pepsi1 pepsi1
Guru | Posts: 1718 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 03/19/13
04:54 AM

Matt:

You have an eye for colors. I think that is a nice color/and combination for that size car.
  The rear quarters alone are as long as some compact cars of today....
That also looks like the car that the new show on the History Channel had, (The Count) its a spin-off of Pawn Stars.

Bob  

xFourLeaf xFourLeaf
User | Posts: 62 | Joined: 01/13
05:17 PM

I seen that episode lol.  
xFourLeafxFourLeaf

1971belair 1971belair
09:50 PM

sorry is just that my vocabulary is not that extended i really dont know how to explain my vision color but man that color it self is perfect...

see what im thinking is something like that green lagun starting really dark from the bottom rising to the top little by little more clear like, dark then blending that color like half way to the car right where the plastinc molding at the middle going clear to the top,,,,... do i explain my self lol  

idrivejunk idrivejunk
Posted: 03/20/13
05:13 AM

I call those "fade jobs". Yuck. Repaired a few on conversion trucks in the 90s, which is where that type of paint job belongs. They are very difficult to spray, usually look bad due to improper application, and nearly impossible to repair nicely. So if you want to break a color at a molding, thats cool but not if you want to fade the colors into each other. I don't recommend that unless you have awesome paint skills.  
idrivejunk