"THE WISDOM OF NASCAR FOR 2013"

Chevy High Performance
Item Posts    Sort Order

"THE WISDOM OF NASCAR FOR 2013"

pepsi1 pepsi1
Guru | Posts: 1718 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 01/20/13
04:27 PM

NASCAR Changes for 2013 if your interested.

1.The Driver's last name featured on the windshield;

2.Sponsor decals will not be permitted on the headlightsand taillights,
two key distinguishing characteristics of the auto maker's brand;

3.Car numbers will be removed from the lights to the front and rear bumpers;

4.A single sponsor logo will be permitted on the roof under the number;

5.Team sponsor decals will be permitted to extend past the front edge
of the (B)-pillar;

6."Step and Repeat" / background patterns will be
permitted on the sides of the car;

7.Due to the slightly smaller car, the car number will be reduced by 10%...

NASCAR is calling this it's "Sixth Generation" 2013 Sprint Cup Race Car. Make them smaller to go faster...They also said that contingency decals will be reduced to 26 total square inches...Is this the end of the 200MPH bill-board. Grin  Cool  

Bob  

redneckjoe69 redneckjoe69
Addict | Posts: 2337 | Joined: 03/10
04:43 PM

i was watching some nascar testing at daytona last week, & the odd thing i noticed was the garage/crew.    since they switched to fuel injection, the garage is full of guys messing around with lap-tops.    seemed like hardly anybody was working on the cars.    it kinda looked like an f-1 garage.  

xFourLeaf xFourLeaf
User | Posts: 62 | Joined: 01/13
05:09 PM

Good info. Thanks!  
xFourLeafxFourLeaf

Dave632 Dave632
Addict | Posts: 2219 | Joined: 07/08
06:14 PM

Nascar has always been a little weird.
Reminds me of Govt. workers sitting behind their
little desk thinking up ways to make things tough for everybody.  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]

idrivejunk idrivejunk
Addict | Posts: 5117 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 01/21/13
07:40 PM

Change the stickers and charge more!  Shocked Pfft.

Did they switch to aluminum wheels or was that just a trial thing?  
idrivejunk

pepsi1 pepsi1
Guru | Posts: 1718 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 01/21/13
11:00 PM

Icon QuoteDave632:
Nascar has always been a little weird.
Reminds me of Govt. workers sitting behind their
little desk thinking up ways to make things tough for everybody.

Dave632:
  Kinda like us when we found a cam that worked better then someone else's...lol...
NASCAR engineer's think everything is so secret. Yeah Okay! They can believe what they want with their bloated slaries. It's the game they have to play. With TV paying the big bills, they have their rolls to play also. The suspense!
  Back in the late 1970's through the late 1980's. We planned our winter vacation's to the Daytona 500. My daughter's boy friend then, he my oldest son and myself went to the saturday race. (6) tickets in 1978 cost what (1) Daytona 500 ticket cost in 1989. I upgraded each year, but only for the 500 race.
  In 1988 when Richard Petty flipped up on the fence, we were sitting in the Tri-Oval up a few rows, near the end where Petty landed from the initial Tuck and Roll, before he was hit the last time. He was hit so hard the car if some guys remember the car was a shell, there was nothing left to his car.
  He was on Dave Lettermans show that night talking about it, and how he only bruised his ankle. My son in law and I stayed a couple days. We went to the Hall of Fame @ Talledaga. Petty's car was sitting on empty drums. There was NO Reason for Petty to be alive. The (A) Pillar was crushed down  about 1/3 the distance to the top of the door opening. (There is now another support bar there). The Halo was crushed on the driver's side by the (B) Pillar opening almost to where it hit the head rest of the seat. Of course there was no driveline at all. Just about anything in the interior was gone. Being there at the end, and seeing the end result, says it wasn't Petty's time. OKAY!
  I have a Video with Earnhardt Sr., telling a reporter how he doesn't like a microphone stuck in his face after a 4 hour race. (I personally don't blame him). Reporter's should respect a person for that.  He told the the reporter that the last lap he releases his harness, and when the race ends he's out and gone from his car. A lot of times his car was left on the track when they checked the angle on the rear wing, before pushing it to the garage.
  My point look at Petty's wreck, and Michael Waltrip's wreck at Bristol, Phil Parson's wreck at Daytona, that cost Phil Parson's his eye sight to a point where he had to stop racing, and how many other wrecks there have been with the violent impact such as his, and how many walked away. Hurt and bruised yes but alive. There's the answer as to why he was killed. When you watch that wreck, and see Kenny Schrader just waving for someone Scharder knew then he was dead.
  Do any of you guys remember when Geoff Bodine in a truck race went up into the fence at Daytona in the TRi-Oval on fire. Ricky Rudd end over end at Daytona back in the 1970's he was so bruised they taped his eyes open...
  The last (2) races I was at in Loudon NH. Was when Kenny Irwin got killed on saturday and Adam Petty got killed in practice. That same saturday. Those where both Violent hits straight into the 3rd turn wall at full throttle.
  A friend of mine in New Jersey has pictures of when Lee Shepard was testing and got killed. In New Jersey the State Police impound any car someone is killed in. At the tracks. (You may ask why)? The answer. Did someone want to kill this person?
  MY kid brother lives in Port Orange Florida. Up until about 10 years ago Phil Parson's was his neighbor. He got to know him, he said he is a really nice guy. They would ride their Harley's. My nephew said Mark Martin lives in a Hangar home somewhere close to him. He delivered pizza to his house once and only once...LOL... He said he had a $33.00 0rder and got a $2.00 tip. My nephew said he is one of the cheapest Bastards he ever met....
  It's usually the guys that can't really afford a big tip that will get you as much as he or she can. The one's that have the money are usually the cheapest ones....
  Just my obsevations and my (2) cents....

Bob