Rwd Beretta Z26

Chevy High Performance
Item Posts    Sort Order

Rwd Beretta Z26

Paulyz26 Paulyz26
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/19/13
11:41 PM

294572212313880068 231587780Ive had my Beretta for almost a year, its my 1st car and now that im planning on buying a older Toyota truck from my pops as my daily, i want to make my Z26 a project car after debating on getting something else but decided that converting my v6 fwd to a v8 rwd would be something diffrent and would stand out. So far thinking on doing a LT1 and the tranny from a camaro. Any suggestions im open too and ideas.  

Bobs427 Bobs427
New User | Posts: 12 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/20/13
04:49 AM

Paulyz26 welcome aboard. Be carecull about the rice burners on this forum...LOL...

Chris Alston chassis' and Morrison. They have the correct chassis for those set-ups Do it right the first time. Dave 632 ran a Pro Mod. Maybe he can give you more info about what you need to ***

Bob aka-pepsi1  

Dave632 Dave632
Addict | Posts: 2225 | Joined: 07/08
06:15 AM

This would make a good drag car but you have a huge amount of work ahead of you.
Since this car has no basic chassis you need to install a chassis and roll cage from one of the manufacturers like Alston that supply these parts. There is also no driveshaft/transmission tunnel and of course the rear must be completely installed.
You will need good fabrication and welding skills to make this conversion and I have seen several at the drag strip.
As far as the Beretta I ran it had little to do with any actual Beretta that ever came off the assembly line. It did have Headlights, tail lights and a grille from an actual Beretta. The chassis was a full moly tube chassis with a full fiberglass body. It ran mid 4s in the 1/8th at over 150. The engine was an aluminum 632 with an aftermarket glide and Mark Williams 9" rear. I do miss that car but just to run it twice a month, one test and tune and one heads up race, it was costing me about a 1000, not counting any parts I broke. I did manage to win about 4000 the season I ran it but that was easily eaten up.
My suggestion is to find one already done if you want to run a Beretta. You could find one already done for less than it would cost you in parts not to even mention all the labor.
I bought my Beretta which originally cost 60,000 for the roller back in 90 for 18,000 including the new body I had put on. Which was a fraction of the cost, 125,000 today for one of these. So you can see the big savings there. Bob is right, no one mentions rice burners on this site as they are poison to us.  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]

68scott385 68scott385
Guru | Posts: 1990 | Joined: 10/09
07:55 AM

You can daydream or you can find a car that is already rwd, build/upgrade/modify it, and have something that will get respect from most hotrodders.

FWD cars are good for the wife and/or daughter, and maybe a for a dd to get you through college.

Of course if you already have uber-MAD faricating skills, GO FOR IT.  
68scott385 68scott385 68scott385