"CAMARO PERFORMERSS MAGAZINE"

Chevy High Performance
Item Posts    Sort Order

"CAMARO PERFORMERSS MAGAZINE"

pepsi1 pepsi1
Guru | Posts: 1718 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 01/21/13
04:18 PM

I get 13 different publications every month, all pertaining to the automotive world in some shape or form. We all have seen a rash of gear heads looking for big horse power at the rear wheels or 1000 cubic inche engines running on pump gas etc,etc. With that said. Just guy's looking for that pie in the sky. I guess?

In February 2013 issue "Camaro Performers" they have a Guru for questions and answers.

It's called Tony's Garage. His second question is this.
Tony I have a '94 Camaro Z28 with an LT1. I want to get 450 horse power from the current engine. Can you help?
  I won't go into the complete answer, but just a paragraph.
Answer: I am not sure where you are located or what smog laws are in your area. He starts and the bottom line is forced induction. My point is there are other publications out there where guys are writing in, and expecting the same high horse power numbers from their rides...they want answers...
  What is going on with this all of a sudden guys are looking for ridiculus Horse Power and Large cubic inch numbers to run on pump gas???? Well we are not the only ones bombarded with these questions.
  Just thought I'd let us all know. What are your feelings?

Bob  

Dave632 Dave632
Addict | Posts: 2219 | Joined: 07/08
05:00 PM

I am sure this is not the only site that the pipe dreamers frequent.
It is surely OK to dream for if we did not use our imagination nothing would ever move forward. This is where the Edison's and Tesla's  come from.
However we must come down to earth sometimes and realize what can truly be done, especially by those who do not have the abilities of those great inventors.  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]

tuffnuff tuffnuff
Moderator | Posts: 7827 | Joined: 12/09
05:13 PM

My feelings are that it's possible to get crazy horsepower numbers.,. but not with old school technology.
The guys at Yellow Bullet are making tremendous power.,. Bob, I suggest you ask them how it's done.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

76Skylark 76Skylark
Guru | Posts: 853 | Joined: 12/11
05:22 PM

If you all want to see what a corvette with 3500 HP looks like it is in the 10.5 Outlaw thread on YB.but that fun Costs MEGA bucks. they Have More Money in Electronics than I want to spend on My car. A Billit Block, Billit heads, Handmade intake, Handmade exaust, TWO.. TURBO's that I can stick Both hands inside of.Carbon Fiber Everything. AND Titanium bolts and aluminum Nuts, and I probably left out 250,000 dollars worth Of stuff,It left this morning for Qatar India,GodSpeed Tim and Steve. Got some pics of a pro mod Mustang while at the shop today, 75lb. Carbon fiber body and race ready 2200lbs. I'll get the pics up ASAP.  

tuffnuff tuffnuff
Moderator | Posts: 7827 | Joined: 12/09
05:52 PM

Wish I could enter that site Lark.,. it sounds like a super car from your description.,. nice stuff and very expensive.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

76Skylark 76Skylark
06:10 PM

peter I don't know why you can't look around you would have to be regestered to post but not to look. I will ask dj Right now, he and the site owner are friends I'll Be Back.  

76Skylark 76Skylark
06:38 PM

Peter check your Pm I am sending you my phone number if you still have a problem but No there is no reason that you Can't log in as TuffEnuff.  

xFourLeaf xFourLeaf
User | Posts: 62 | Joined: 01/13
07:28 PM

It also seems like recently their are many more applications running boost. When I seen the commercial for the new dodge dart awhile back I figured it would come with a hemi, I was pretty bummed when I found out that the most powerful motor it came with was a turbo 4cyl.  
xFourLeafxFourLeaf

68scott385 68scott385
Guru | Posts: 1990 | Joined: 10/09
11:13 PM

Too much advertising and not enough pricing. Magazines and TV shows get parts to showcase and don't always give a price or freeby disclaimer. Inexperienced guys get big eyes when they have little wallets.  
68scott385 68scott385 68scott385

pepsi1 pepsi1
Posted: 01/22/13
12:38 AM

Peter:
  It just struck me as being funny. I think we are all dreamers to a point. You have heard me say this more then once, I was born 20 year too early. I wish I had those 20 more years, to see where the technology would be then. I love it.(Technology)...I'm glad I was there in the 1960's and had some fast production cars. Then we made them faster. The Saga of a true Gear Head I guess...
  Pete how many times when you were younger did you and your buddies, get a case of a beverage of choice. Go to the garage (the woman are doing their thing) we would spend 4 to 5 hours bench racing and do nothing. We loved it too!
  We all know that with today's technology it's not just a number anymore. It's the guy with the Deepest Pockets. But there are still limitations. I'm sure we can all agree on that. Dave I agree with you if Edison or Tesla didn't stay with their dreams and imaginations where would we be?  Westinghouse and his electric chair. They all knew electricty was dangerous beit AC/DC current. "Not the Band"
  Then I saw a picture of my brother hanging from a Helicopter over Niagra Falls, I can see the chopper I can't see him. He was repairing a power line somewhere in the over-spray.Somewhere in the range of 110,000 gallons a min. or 150,000 to 600,000 gallons a sec. It's really anyone's guess.
  We have electric dynos that we can use that will absorb up to 2500 horse power.
  None that will harness 8,000HP of a top fuel engine...LOL...

Dave: Wouldn't you still be racing if you had someone picking up the tab?  You know my situation I would be.

Scott: you hit that nail on the head. This putts that I don't know dumped on me. I saw some of what he does. Just what you said go to the younger crowds, they don't know any better until something doesn't work. Then who's problem is it?....
Thanks

Bob  

pepsi1 pepsi1
Posted: 01/22/13
12:40 AM

Peter:

You and I both know..Noone will tell us how they make 1,000 old school horse power?

Please if I make any spelling mistakes please don't pick on me I'm "old school". Confused

Thanks again

Bob