Turbo 350 shifting problem

Chevy High Performance
Item Posts    Sort Order

Turbo 350 shifting problem

jbrco68 jbrco68
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/19/08
09:37 PM

I have a neww T-350 all built for street strip everything new. When i get on it the seft from 1-2 seems to delay a spilt second after I shift manually than from 2-3 is fine. When it shefts automatically it shefts more positve except it shifts to early. any suggestions on adjustments  

mpayne mpayne
Guru | Posts: 1117 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 10/23/08
03:10 PM

How can a transmission shift both manually and automatically. I'm a little lost, I though there was one or another not both?  

oldchev oldchev
New User | Posts: 48 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 11/02/08
11:20 AM

I think he means by manual is when moving the selector from 1-2 themselves and automatically when in "D"rive.
To answer the thread, I must ask if a shift reprogramming kit "shift kit" was installed?
If not some delay is built into the trans valve body by GM engineers for smooth application of clutches for general vehicles. So if not done already, you need to update the valve body. There are many kits on the market so without favoring anyone (I like Transgo) you need to update the valvebody. This improves line pressure and changes the shift pressures and timing of 1-2, 2-3 shifts. Also (usually) comes with an adjustable vacuum modulator. Instructions will include adjustment of the kickdown cable that may be part of your early shift issue.  

LowellP LowellP
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 02/06/09
07:30 AM

The first thing to do is to check the vacuum, make sure you have at least 12 inches of vacuum. If that is OK check the vacuum line, if it is rubber take it off and put on a steel one, it sucking the rubber line togeather. To change the part throttle shift you will have to use a recalibration kit on the governor TCI part number 326500.
You can reach me at lowell@tciauot.com or 888-776-9824 ext 333.